Sunday 29 September 2013

Inspiration from Turkey

Sorry for my lack of posts. I have been joining my family on holiday for the last few days... so as you can probably imagine... lots of delicious food and beautiful views! Went out for a meal at to a restaurant called White Table. Their menu was fantastic (and great value!)... the chef said that she had been inspired by the menu from the W hotel chain... oooo errr!

Anyways, if you're a salad fan, then you would LOVE this menu... as they seemed to make them all very different and exciting. So, I thought I'd share them with you so your salads never need be boring again!

My sister had a goats cheese walnut salad with warm dried bilberries and a pomegranate dressing... OH EM GEEE... DELISH

My step mum had an apple and beetroot salad with grilled halloumi cheese. Also, VERY TASTY!

Being bias, mine was defo the best. I had a courgette salad which wasnt AT ALL like what I was expecting it to be. Mine was a whole bowl LOADED with grilled sliced courgettes (hot) covered in mint, chilli and lemon with a dill and yoghurt dressing thing with feta cheese mixed in it... WOW!!! So, I immediately came back and started looking for recipes... as this was a very clean (minus the cheese), very healthy, much lower calorie meal than I was expecting, and my god... it was GREAT!!!


This is a Jamie Oliver pic... sorry... phone ran out of battery... but his recipe sounded the most like how mine was cooked! 

Take a sneak peak... and vamp up those salads!


In other news... 3 month plan is starting on the 1st October... so I will be doing more updates with day by day info on my chompings and fitness routine, (as well as some potential rantings about student life.. :P)

Speak soon,
K xxx

1 comment: